Mycetoma Press Conference Japan, Tokyo
- Published: 14 January 2017
On the 28th November, a Mycetoma Media Seminar; Mycetoma: a devastating neglected infectious disease was organised by the DNDi, Japan and was conducted at United Nations University. It was addressed by:
- Prof. Haruki Yamada, Faculty of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Tokyo University, Professor Emeritus of Kitasato University and Chairman of DNDi, Japan.
- Prof. Ahmed Fahal, Mycetoma Research Centre of the University of Khartoum, Sudan.
- Dr. KatsuraHata, Senior Director of Global Health Research Section, hhc Data Creation Center, Eisai Co., Ltd.
- Dr. TazKuzuki, Scientific Liaison of DNDi, Japan.
- Dr. IkukoNatori, Director of Overseas and Domestic Programs/Operations, Association for Aid and Relief, Japan.
- Prof. Kiyoshi Kita, Dean, Professor of School of Tropical Medicine and Global Health, Nagasaki University, DNDi Scientific & Advisory Committee.
The seminar was well attended, and among them, journalists from Mainichi Daily Newspaper which has a circulation of more than 3.5 million and Rinsho-hyoka, the editor of Clinical Evaluation Journal. In addition, to several senior academics, government officials, several companies representative with good representation from the Association for Aid and Relief, Japan.
An article on mycetoma was published on the next day of the seminar in the RIS FAX which is one of the most well-known and well-read pharmaceutical industrial news website targeting pharmaceutical staff, key opinion leaders, such as politicians and government officials. All the press material will be posted in the DNDi website and in the Digital PR Platform to further spread the news of Mycetoma in Japan and globally.